Snippet Sunday - My current WIP 30/03/2014



~~~

 
The story so far is, Sadie, born and raised in Australia, found her grandma's diary after her mother's passing. Intrigued by the diary and her mother's German background, she's on her way to Germany to meet her family over there. 
 
 
 ~~~
 





Momentarily distracted by checking his bag, Tobias doesn’t notice that I look around to orientate myself. A brief rush of panic rises as I’m aware that I’m following a stranger in a strange country. Thousands of What ifs are racing through my mind, when he holds a piece of paper in front of me. First thing I read is Tobias Ciaran Cavendish. A bit confused about the name, I don’t hear what he’s telling me. The pronunciation of Tobias sounded so German, or at least not English, but Ciaran and Cavendish sound so Irish. I turn to look at him and notice how his face is very close to me. He’s actually staring at me with a raised brow.


“Which flight are you on?”
 
 
 ~~~

 
Thank you all for your support and kind comments.
 I do appreciate each single one of them!
 
 
 

 
 
.

10 comments:

  1. At least she's coming to her senses about stranger danger! Nice snippet -- I love that she's so focused on her thoughts that she misses what he said -- very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PT. I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  2. I agree with PT, that's nice she is realising he is not just attractive but also a stranger. I like the Irish touch in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor girl---she seems so tired and disoriented! I still hope Tobias is a good guy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah ... travel can do that to you, can't it.

      Delete
  4. oooh, now we need to know more about the fight! great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tobias. Love the name and that's he's Irish. Looking forward to next week and figuring out if this Tobias is "good" or "bad".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karysa. I appreciate it.

      Delete