Snippet Sunday - My WIP "Auf Wiedersehen" 23/03/2014



~~~

 
The story so far is, Sadie, born and raised in Australia, found her grandma's diary after her mother's passing. Intrigued by the diary and her mother's German background, she's on her way to Germany to meet her family over there. 
 
 
 ~~~
 


“I’m Sadie,” I finally say. “I’m currently a shadow of myself because that flight killed me. I don’t think I could bear eating anything, but I’d love to come with and have a drink.”
 
He laughs and I’m sure I’ve just fallen in love!
 
“C’mon Sadie,” he says as he takes my hand. “Let’s get you something to drink.” As we walk through Singapore’s airport I notice how I just follow without looking where we’re going.
 
Thank goodness, I seem to be in charge of my faculties again. At least some of them. “Tobias, I need to check my connection flight.”
 
He stops instantly and I bump into him. Honestly, I have no idea how he can still smell so yummy after that flight. I’m hoping that my little bit of vanilla body lotion and perfume is still working.
 
 
 ~~~

 
Thank you all for your support and kind comments.
 I do appreciate each single one of them!
 
 
 

 
 
.

16 comments:

  1. The main character of one of my first story was named Sadie, I really like that name.
    Great snippet, great way of depict Tobias' attractiveness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you E.E. I appreciate it. Sadie's a beautiful name, right?

      Delete
  2. Nice scene. She's really into him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job of digging into her thoughts. Love the candid bit about the vanilla scent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa - I appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Hum, I wonder if I would follow a stranger like this between flights, probably not. I'm looking forward to see what will happen to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Linda.
      As I was writing the scene I thought exactly that ... would I follow a stranger?

      Delete
  5. I'm hoping he's a nice guy about this. But if he turns out pushy, I think she can hold her own. She's wobbly right now, but she isn't dumb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how he smells so fresh either. Maybe he put on deodorant in the bathroom. Nice details of her thoughts. Good snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL .. gotta have a hero who smell good, right ?
      Thanks for stopping by, Frank.

      Delete
  7. Oh, I know that "too tired to eat" feeling. Nice snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I've got that every time :-(
      Thanks for stopping by, PT

      Delete
  8. What's a little vacation/family exploration without some romance? ;)

    ReplyDelete