Pages

Sample Sunday - Journey to Her Dreams



Here a little teaser for "Journey to Her Dreams" which is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other online stores.

If you'd like another sample, please check Amazon or contact me.


He held her hands with his and caressed her fingers. “Why don’t you let me help you?”

“I don’t think you can. It is something I have to do on my own. I’m truly sorry.”

Their eyes were locked when Jeremy took her hands into his. His voice was soft and just barely loud enough for her to hear. “Hollie, I was honest when I said I like spending time with you. I obviously can’t help you, so if you can tell me there’s a chance for us, I will wait.”

Hollie entwined her fingers with Jeremy’s. “I can’t believe you’d do that.” Her eyes met his. “You hardly know me.”

“I know, but I’ve now spent two beautiful afternoons with you. One has to start somewhere.”

“Jeremy, I don’t want to bring this up all the time, but I still don’t understand why you were so rude in the car. It just doesn’t make sense to me.”

Jeremy let go of her hands, leaned back and rubbed his hands over his face. “Not my best day, eh? I’m sorry. Well, I know sorry probably doesn’t do it. I...it was...maybe just a matter of being
overworked, lonely, old habits, a drink or two...”

“The old habits sort of worry me a bit.” And with a sigh she added, “The drinks as well.”

“Okay, I have a feeling I’m making this worse rather than better. Old habits as in the girls before didn’t mind jumping into bed the first night. Good job, good money – the girls were happy to–”

Waving her hands she said, “Say no more. I have a feeling the
bringing you back with your feet on solid ground  will actually happen sooner rather than later.”



No comments:

Post a Comment