Pages

James Patterson - Swimsuit

Publisher: Little, Brown and Company

ISBN: 9780316018777

My rating: 3/5


The scariest and most satisfying James Patterson novel since Kiss the Girls

THE BEACH...
A breathtakingly beautiful supermodel disappears from a swimsuit photo shoot at the most glamorous hotel in Hawaii. Only hours after she goes missing, Kim McDaniels's parents receive a terrifying phone call. Fearing the worst, they board the first flight to Maui and begin the hunt for their daughter.

...WILL NEVER BE...
Ex-cop Ben Hawkins, now a reporter for the L.A. Times, gets the McDaniels assignment. The ineptitude of the local police force defies belief—Ben has to start his own investigation for Kim McDaniels to have a prayer. And for Ben to have the story of his life.

...THE SAME FOR YOU AGAIN.
All the while, the killer sets the stage for his next production. His audience expects the best—and they won't be disappointed. Swimsuit is a heart-pounding story of fear and desire, transporting you to a place where beauty and murder collide and unspeakable horrors are hidden within paradise


My thoughts

Arrrghhhh ...... what kind of ending is this ?????

Okay - if you've got the stomach for it, it's a good read, a great page turner and I would have loved to give it 4/5 if it hadn’t been for the ending. What??  I was looking for missing pages, re-reading what I had read to see whether I misunderstood something, but – nope - it was like time’s up, let’s close the story, no matter what.

It was my first Patterson book and yes, though very violent and in parts gruesome, I liked the fast-paced story line. It was a real struggle sometimes to put the book aside, I just wanted to keep reading.

I will definitely read another Patterson book and I reckon this one is well worth a read.




2 comments:

  1. I have read the first 30 chapters or so and I am not enjoying it. It is my first JP book also.....are they all this violent? Don't know if I can stomache it to the end, and if its worth it considering the ending seems unfinished?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella for stopping by my blog. I hope you’ve enjoyed the reviews you've read so far :-) It’s been a while since I read this story and only vaguely remember the violent parts, but all in all I remember it was in itself a good story, though with a very disappointing end indeed..... lemme know what you think when you’re finished.

      Delete