Pages

Jill Shalvis - Animal Attraction


Publisher: Berkley Sensation

ISBN: 978 - 0 - 425 - 24400 - 5

My Rating: 3/5


Sunshine, Idaho, is a quiet ranching town that provides a perfect refuge for injured animals ... and sometimes, people. And veterinarian Dell Connelly suspects there's a reason his clinic's ueberefficient receptionist has taken shelter here.

Jade Bennett couldn't be happier to escape her well-meaning but smothering family and their expectations, not to mention the big-city jungle. There's nothing like working with animals, having a forlorn, grumpy stray kitten make its home under her desk ... or enjoying the gorgeous views of her ruggedly sexy boss to help her forget her past.

But Dell's seductive, alluring ways have sparked an uncontrollable desire, one Jade hadn't expected to feel again. And though Dell has never had time for love, Jade's strength and sass is the kind of call no red-blooded male can resist ... (from the back of the cover)


My thoughts

Okay - there's no denying: I LOVE JILL SHALVIS' Books. I haven't read many, but each are like ice cream with an extra dollop of cream and sprinkles.

Yet, I have a feeling Shalvis had a bad day with this one. And we all have bad days, don't we, so we have to compromise and not only see the bad things.

I loved Animal Magnetism and the whole set up in Sunshine. So naturally I was looking forward to Dell's story (AND I CAN'T WAIT  FOR ADAM's TURN!). But it was a bit of a let down. It's almost 300 page of repetition of Dell being so alpha male and Jade leaving soon - and a bit of filler in between with Adam, Brady and Lilah. But it's the witty remarks, the witty conversations that make up for it and make it a worthwhile book to read, not only for Shalvis lover.

By far not as good as Lucky Harbour, which has been so far a brilliant series, and not close to Brady's story in Animal Magnetism, but still a must for all Shalvis fans!

NB - One tiny little remark at the end though. I wasn't sure whether to include it or not, but after two or more months of editing my own book I was distracted by all the mistakes in this book. For me it's about the worst part of writing, but as a reader I like a clean book even if it means I have to wait longer. I can live with mistakes, but this one was riddled with it.

So let's move on ... Lucky Harbour #3 is being released soon :-) ... *'s counting days already* ... and Adam's story in 2012.



No comments:

Post a Comment