Pages

May I introduce: Larisa Anderson "The Millionaire's Convenient Bride"



I have the pleasure to have Larisa Anderson as a guest today.

Larisa likes nothing better than heading home for a glass of red wine and curling up with her laptop to write a new hot romance. Writing tales of hidden encounters, secrets and those who's lives are lead in the shadows.
 

When did you start writing?
 
I started when I was 15. I wrote a young adult story long hand then started on the computer. I finished that when I was 20 and have since put it in the bottom draw because I can’t even imagine trying to edit it! I started writing romance when I was about 23 after I decided it would be easier, boy was I
wrong.


So what drew you to erotic then?
 
I was writing romance and a crit partner of mine started writing erotic after a crit partner of hers suggested it. I loved what she wrote (that story is now published and has been nominated for awards) and decided that I didn’t like leaving out the good bits and wanted to include all the juicy details.
 
Have you always written Contemporary?

Actually this is my first. Most of my longer works are paranormal. I have written several short contemporaries which you can get on Smashwords, but this is my first full length one.  I was inspired by the Harlequin spice books and thought I would give a millionaire story a go. Turned out to be a good idea I think J

 

Tell us about the book.

Louisa is a successful lawyer with her own firm. But, someone is driving away her clients and leaving her broke. Enter Dominic, her college fling and the heir of one of her biggest clients. Fate intervenes and Louisa finds herself in a tricky position, marry him and he will make all her problems go away.

 

What’s next for you?

I have a paranormal out in November, Taming the Hunted, with Beachwalk Press that I’m really excited about. I am also hoping to get a holiday themed anthology out by Christmas with a few fellow authors.

 
So where can we find, The Millionaire’s Convenient Bride?

You can get it through Amazon

Or on Evernight:

Or jump on my website:

www.larisaanderson.com

Excerpt:
His dark eyes sparkled in the half light. She felt a warmth spread through her body that had nothing to do with the tea she had drunk.  She found it hard to believe that she ever mistrusted him. He was taking care of everything with such efficiency and care, and he was doing it all to help her. She didn’t know why she did it, but she found herself leaning forward and kissing the corner of his mouth.
“Thank you,” she told him, leaning back and using her next move to hide the silence that followed.
She looked up just as his hand reached behind her head and pulled her mouth to his. His lips were warm and soft, moving gently against her mouth. She opened to him and felt him deepen the kiss. He tasted of tea and something that she couldn’t identify. She wanted more. His fingers caressed her neck as he placed last kiss on her swollen lips. He pulled back slightly and rested his forehead against hers, his breath still hot against the sensitive skin of her lips.
“I’m sorry,” he said, his voice soft and husky. “I shouldn’t have done that. You just looked so…”
The waiter came at that moment with the food they ordered, and they broke apart reluctantly.  She couldn’t look at him. She waited for her pulse to stop thundering around her body. She could still taste him on her lips. The temptation to trace them with her tongue, to taste him again, was overwhelming, and she tried to keep her hands from shaking as she ate. She had to say something to break the silence.
“Thank you for arranging this so quickly,” she said finally as she put her fork back on her plate and moved it to one side.
“It’s the least I can do after putting you in such a position. You have enough to worry about.”
He smirked as he pushed his own plate aside and made his next move on the board. “Check.”
Louisa sighed and relaxed again. She had been afraid that he might want to talk about what just happened. She smiled at the cocky grin on his lips. She had the impression he knew exactly what she was thinking.
“Drat,” he muttered, as she took his queen. He leant over and rested his elbows on his knees, a look of concentration now replacing the grin.
“Dominic, can I ask you something?”
“Mmm,” he mumbled still studying the board.
“When I left all those years ago, why didn’t you call me?”
She hadn’t wanted to ask, but she couldn’t move on with this arrangement knowing that he had just let her go once before, that he hadn’t even tried to get her to come back. She knew it was childish of her. She had been the one to walk out, but he had just let her, not even bothering to call and ask why. She spent so long after their last day together wondering. Her friends tried to take her mind off him. With every blind date Louisa felt more and more that she had lost something. Love sounded so old fashioned, but all she knew was that she felt so calm, so happy in Dominic’s arms. Once she lost that, it had taken her years to convince herself she needed to move on, and she could never forget. Telling herself it wasn’t meant to be helped her get on with her life. Now here he was again, like a ghost, and she couldn’t help but feel betrayed. The door of the cafĂ© opened allowing a breeze to blow past her carrying the scent of the street, wet and cold. She had to know. Had he thought about her after that night? Or had he seen her as nothing more than another woman in a long line of conquests?
His gaze shot up to meet hers, his eyebrows raised in what was clearly surprise.
“I did call you. Each time I called, your roommate answered and said she would leave a message for you.”
Louisa frowned. She hadn’t received any messages. She asked her roommate Cassie many times over the first few weeks if anyone called for her.
She clicked her tongue against her teeth as she thought. “I didn’t get any messages.”
 “Does it matter now?” 
 
 
 
Coming Soon by Larisa Anderson
Taming the Hunted - November 2013
Untitled Holiday Anthology - Summer 2014

 

No comments:

Post a Comment