Pages

Tuesday Tales - PHONE ~ ~ #Tuesdaybookblog #Books


 

Welcome to Tuesday ... Welcome to Tuesday Tales ...

Time for a new story. This one has no title, yet, and has been on the back burner for a few years now. I think I posted one or two excerpts, but I felt lost in the story at some stage, so hopefully with prompts and some feedback I might finish it.

Today's prompt is: PHONE

Enjoy - and feel free to leave a comment. And don't forget to click the link below to go back to the main Tuesday Tale site for more stories by very talented authors.




Anyway, now I’m in this massive aeroplane en route to Germany. In all fairness, flying isn’t all what it’s cracked up to be. We’re not even half way and my bum’s sore, my head aches, and I’m bored out of my brains. Even the latest blockbuster on the small screen in front of me can’t hold my attention, and I’ve seen most of the TV series that often I can talk along with them. Even the excitement of sitting right next to the window feels silly now. As far as the eye can see are only sky or clouds. Initially breathtaking, now more on the boring and I don’t really wanna know what’s beneath me side of thoughts.
“Excuse me,” I say quietly to the nice looking lady next to me. “I’m sorry, but–”
I make a motion saying I need to get something from the overhead locker and she kindly moves her legs. Unbelievable, that there are people out there liking this experience. I’ve had enough already!
Anyway, I move awkwardly around the lady, who desperately tries to keep that smile on her face as I step on her feet at least twice, but in the end, I do get what I was looking for in my bag “up above”.  My phone .... And Grandma’s diary. Time for a bit more snooping.
The nice flight attendant gets me something to drink and a snack as I try to get the hang of reading the old German again. As I grab the water, I glance past the lady next to me and see the guy across the aisle staring towards me. Instinctively, I look around, but no, he’s really looking at me. A smile tugs at my lips when I see him smiling at me.
“Where are you heading?” he asks as the flight attendant moves on.
I lean forward and the nice lady next to me leans back. Her smile saying everything. Everything as in, Yeah, he’s cute!
“I’m heading to Frankfurt,” I reply.
“So am I,” he says, his smile turning into a grin.
And then we get interrupted by a long line of people coming past. I patiently wait, as one person after the other moves past, my head bobbing from side to side desperate not to lose eye contact. But it’s near impossible. Itching to talk more to the guy, I keep glancing over again and again, but then I try to settle my nerves by focusing back on the book.
I had no idea “human traffic” can be so intense on a flight.

Click her to read more Tuesday Tales


~~
  






12 comments:

  1. I agree that unless you are flying first class, flying is highly overrated, especiallywith all the precautions since 9-11. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susanne. Yeah, as much as I LOVE airplanes, I don't like flying either.

      Delete
  2. I love chance meetings on a plane! Looking forward to where this is going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not the fan of the airplane, but I'm a fan of finding romance in the most unusual way. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chance meeting leading to a whirlwind romance. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interested to see where this is headed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great snippet! I remember reading one or two bits from this before. I'm partial to old diaries, especially grandmother's diaries.
    My vote is 'Keep Going'! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trisha. I appreciate it. I'll try and figure out "an ending" to the story :-)

      Delete