Pages

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt ~ ~ #Tuesdaybookblog #Books


 

Welcome to Tuesday ... Welcome to Tuesday Tales ...

Time for a new story. This one has no title, yet, and has been on the back burner for a few years now. I think I posted one or two excerpts, but I felt lost in the story at some stage, so hopefully with prompts and some feedback I might finish it.

Today's prompt is a picutre

Enjoy - and feel free to leave a comment. And don't forget to click the link below to go back to the main Tuesday Tale site for more stories by very talented authors.





So, Mum died a few weeks back and now I’m stuck on this massive airplane with Grandma’s diary in my bag. It’s kind of weird snooping in Grandma’s deepest thoughts and feelings, but in a way it’s fascinating going back in history. Hey, but not only going back in history, but also to a different continent. 
Mum was born in Germany, but left in her twenties and came to Australia. Quite a journey those days, and she’d told me a lot about it. Kind of scary actually to just leave everything behind. I mean, after all there was no internet or the chance to quickly call home to say Hey everyone I’ve arrived and settled in this super tiny town of Beauty Creek. No, those days you had to write the old fashioned letters and wait a couple of months for a reply.  
Yes, Beauty Creek in Tasmania is the place I was born and grew up. The name says it all, beautiful scenery along a small creek. We lived in a small house, but it was all we needed. I still remember the little patio entrance at the front and this massive brown door hidden away in the corner. Such a beautiful place. And Mum always said it very much reminded her of her home in Germany. The forest as well. It was full of deciduous trees with their leaves falling in autumn in herald of the coming winter. I loved walking along the path with her, gazing at the leaves above that had changed their colour from green to a burning red or dying yellow, or down on the ground, crackling under our feet. However, the creepiest part was, when she tried to make the sound of the wind rustling through the trees.

I really miss my mum.

Click her to read more Tuesday Tales


~~
  






13 comments:

  1. I love your descriptions and the tender feeling I get from your posts of this story. Such a great premise too! I hope you get to finish it and get it into print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. It's one of my WIPs I love and dislike at the same time.

      Delete
  2. Love it. My husband makes that sound of wind in the trees and I hate it. He always does it in creepy places or at night. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh ... I'd smack him. That'd scare the crap out of me.

      Delete
  3. Love this new story. Gentle beginning makes me want to know more about that diary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean. I'm really glad you're liking the story. Let's hope I can finish it.

      Delete
  4. The imagery was lovely. I can picture myself standing there. I'm dying to know more about her grandmother's diary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great descriptions! Beauty Creek sounds like a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it@ What a great scene and I am super intrigued about the journal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pressure is on not to disappoint. Thanks Jillian.

      Delete