Pages

This week's Book Choice - Elaine Cantrell "The Enchanted"


~~ The Enchanted~~
By Elaine Cantrell




 




 

Blurb:
Forced by his father into a marriage he didn’t want, Prince Alan soon finds that his bride isn’t the sweet, submissive creature he expected. Morgane has the heart of a dragon and beauty beyond compare, but she isn’t thrilled about the marriage either. When black treachery threatens the kingdom, Morgane and Alan embark on a perilous journey that has an excellent chance of ending in failure and death for them and all their people.


Excerpt:
Morgane advanced on her enemy with deadly purpose.
"No!" Alan roared. "She has a knife."
Morgane tried to retreat, but it was too late. Aili's knife caught her in her thigh. Blood spurted as if from a fountain. Renweard was closer to her than Alan. His sword rose. Aili breathed her last as Morgane swayed and slipped to the floor.
Alan ran across the room and cradled her in his arms. In seconds he was coated with blood. "ʺWe must stop the bleeding!" he cried. "Where are the healers?"
ʺI will find one." Renweard left the room at a run with King Bowdyn right behind him.
Morgane's eyes fluttered open. "Your arms around me. No heaven can compare.ʺ
Alan pressed a kiss to her hair. "I love you, my brave Morgane."
Morgane sighed. "I could not let you face this battle alone.ʺ


Author’s Note:
After spending most of the last ten years writing contemporary romance, I decided it was time for a change. So in the spring of 2012 I wrote my first romantic fantasy, The Enchanted. Several challenges immediately presented themselves. First, I knew that I didn't want the fantasy to overpower the romance which meant I'd have to balance my world building details with the romantic elements.
Challenge two was finding characters who'd fit into my newly created world. I didn't want plastic, stereotypical characters. I wanted real people with warts and human imperfections, people whose lives and problems would draw you in and make you care about them.
My third challenge was to craft a plot that included fantasy elements, yet at the same time allowed my characters to be in charge of their own destiny and in the process grow and change.
I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I enjoyed the experience so much I have another fantasy/sci fi romance in the wings waiting for December and its turn at publication. Given my new love affair with fantasy romance, will I write contemporary romance again? I sure will. I'm working on one right now, and I just love it. It will be my first full length romantic comedy.



Author Links:
http://www.elainecantrell.com

http://www.twitter.com/elainecantrell


The Enchanted is sold at most online retail outlets.
 

Reviews:
A sweet story, easy read, fairytale/fantasy/romance 5 stars. 
                                                  
Teresa Cypher on Amazon

A wonderful story that has swept into my heart. I will be remembering this one for a long time and reading it again.
                                                   Tifferz Book Reviews on Goodreads





Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment