Pages

Snippet Sunday - My WIP "Auf Wiederseh'n" 23/02/14


Welcome to Snippet Sunday !
 
The story so far is, Sadie, born and raised in Australia, found her grandma's diary after her mother's passing. Intrigued by the diary and her mother's German background, she's on her way to Germany to meet her family over there.

 



The lady’s gentle touch on my arm wakes me and she informs me we’re about to land in Singapore. I thank her and look around taking in the commotion on the plane. It’s busier than the Vic Market in Melbourne. Honestly!

Anyway, I grab Grandma’s book and curse that I wasn’t careful enough and it slipped on the floor when I’d fallen asleep. But a good check-up tells me it’s still in good order. I carefully pack it in my bag and follow the flight assistant’s instructions. My ears give me a hint they don’t like it and the momentary discomfort distracts me from the bumpy landing and the nauseous feeling creeping up in my stomach.

“Honey, are you right?” the lady asks me.

I nod. “All good. Just not made for flying,” I joke.

 

   
Thank you all for stopping by!


 

14 comments:

  1. Maybe not made for flying, but she must reach her goal so I'd be doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robyn. Great to see you here. I will have to send you the first few paragraphs of the story. I have a feeling you'd like it!

      Delete
  2. Wow, the air pressure in the ear, so realistic, it happens to me every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Ditto here. Flying is convenient, but not comfortable ;-)

      Delete
  3. Nice snippet. I'm going to be the odd woman out -- I like flying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I don't mind it, but I'm always glad when I have my two feet back on the ground ;-)
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Love all the sensations you included in this snippet. You're writing is very fluid and reads beautifully. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Jess. I do appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. Yep the pressure gets to me every time too. Great description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry. I think everyone more or less has that problem

      Delete
  6. Her respect for Grandma's book caught my attention, giving me a lot of signals about her character.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the details of her flight! I've been experiencing it with her---and I'm not sure I'm made for flying, either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... it's convenient, but not necessarily comfortable ;-) Thanks for stopping by Sarah.

      Delete