Pages

Get hooked on "Fresh Beginnings" - #MFRWHooks #romance #love #travel

 


 
Welcome to another MFRWHook!
 
"Fresh Beginnings" is set in Australia and the USA.    

 

 
   
I hope you get hooked by this Snippet
 
BLURB:

The small town of Hobart in Tasmania has witnessed many beginnings in recent years. At yet one more beginning, the wedding of a friend, Jared Fraser decides it’s time for some fresh beginnings to come his way… and he sets out for a holiday to the US to travel along the Route 66 in a motorhome.

Ivy Bennett thought leaving her boyfriend would be the hard part. It doesn’t take long to figure out how wrong she was. As she struggles with making a new start in her life, the last person she expects to lead her to happiness is a laid-back Australian on holiday.

Then the arrival of family friend Mia Levesque and her boyfriend, Josh, turns Jared’s holidays upside-down when he’s forced to play arbitrator between the two teenagers.


 
My hook today:

"Have you ever been in love?"

"If I tell you, will you let me sleep?"
 
"Promise."
 
"No."
 
The answer surprised her, especially as it had been spoken without hesitation.
 
"Did you say no to shut me up?"
 
"I did indeed, but obviously it didn't work."
 
There was an unfamiliar noise and suddenly his bed light was on. She looked over as he leaned on both elbows, staring towards her. He looked so incredibly sexy with no shirt on and his hair scruffy.
 
"Yes," he finally said. "Yes, there was a girl once who I thought I would spend the rest of me life with."
 
"What happened?"
 
"That wasn't part of the deal," he said and from the distance, she was sure there was a frown on his face.
 
She chuckled. "You're awake. You might as well tell me. I mean after all, after tomorrow you'll never see me again."
 
 
 
 
4 Stars:
I just loved Jared and his very Australian mannerisms and speech!
5 Stars: 
Fantastic read, would be great if there were more books in the series.

 

 
 



4 comments:

  1. Love the setting, Iris...and the hero, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the humour in the dialogue "Did you say no to shut me up?"

    "I did indeed, but obviously it didn't work." :-)

    ReplyDelete