Pages

Lindsay Downs - Emily Dahill CID Part One

Publisher: Astraea Press

ISBN: 978 - 1 - 936852-51-2

My rating: 4/5


Final Mission
After being seriously wounded in a copter crash in Iraq Sgt. Emily Dahill meets her new partner as she embarks on her new Army career as a CID agent. Who could this new partner be?
A Body in the Snow
Emily and her partner, Dakota, cross bullets with their most determined foe. Who will survive?
Right Place, Wrong Day
On leave to hang with friends Emily gets the surprise of her life.
Dog on Fishing
When it comes to knowing how to fish, and catch the big ones, never underestimate your partner. He might surprise you. (www.astraeapress.com)


My thoughts

When I "chit chatted" with Lindsay Downs via FB a few weeks back the author told me that she loosely used JAG and NCIS as an idea for the Emily Dahill stories. That was it for me I had to read the book.

I would have liked to give the book 5/5 but I honestly have to say reading through the stories felt like having a yummy cake in front of you, but you're only allowed to have a little piece. The stories (see above for the outline) were interesting, written with (IMHO) knowledge, humour and wit, yet I would have like to have more of it. More detail. More background. More who's who. More character development - I believe I would have enjoyed it even more.

Favourite Quote:
"You know Special Agent Emily Dahill, I've been detained by all sorts of police, military and civilian, but I swear this is the first time by someone wearing bright pink, floppy eared, bunny slippers."

I definitely recommend the Emily Cahill Stories to anyone .... the fast paced short stories can be read within an hour or two. Yet another very good reason: 100% of the proceeds from the this book go to Japan relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment