Pages

Review: Susan Mallery "Sizzling (Buchanan #3)






Publisher: Harlequin

ISBN:  9780373771769

My rating: n/a



Reid Buchanan was always a fan favorite on the baseball diamond. A spiteful article about the former pitcher and current playboy questions his talent in the bedroom. And the newspaper's just the first bad news. Reid's grandmother Gloria's broken hip means she needs constant care--but Reid hired Nurses 1 and 2 for their bedside manner with him. So for Number 3 he chooses Lori Johnson, the first candidate who seems immune to his brand of charm.
Lori's never wasted her time with amoebas like Reid Buchanan. So why are her well-fortified defenses starting to crumble under the force of his sexy smile--and the kindness he shows her at every turn? There's only one explanation for the feelings flaring between them--chemistry. Chemistry so hot, it's sizzling!



My thoughts

I won't write a review as such, because the story wasn't my cup of tea, but considering that I posted my thoughts on Cal and Walker's story, I wanted to post this one for continuity sake.

After reading Buchanan book #1 & #2 I was disappointed that a "caring" Reid who was good friends with Penny, helped Elissa with the market, who said "Of course we did. You're Walker's girl" was now so terribly worried that his "manhood" was put into question in the paper.
Also, for me Lori's constant self-doubt was so over the top I was about to stop reading a couple of times. It was annoying to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment