Pages

Review: Jen Talty "In Two Weeks"






 


Publisher: Cool Gus Publishing

ISBN: 9781621250326

My rating: 3/5




Ryan O'Conner has the world at her fingertips. She's strong, feisty and has everything she's ever wanted, except the right man. Jared Blake represents everything Ryan doesn't want. He's controlling, overbearing and now he's moving. Having had a crush on him for years, Ryan decides to seduce Jared. A goodbye thing. However, her plans change when someone starts stalking her. With her life on the line, she turns to Jared for protection and finds the not so perfect man is the perfect man for her.Restless and bored, NY State Trooper Jared Blake accepts a transfer from his position in Lake George, NY. Jared craves the rush of adrenaline and his current post is too tame. As soon as he moves, his career will take off, but his plans are put on hold when a friend is threatened by a stalker. Jared has exactly two weeks to find out who is behind these treats.

And in two weeks, Jared will lose is heart forever... (jantalty.com)


 
My thoughts
 
I have to admit, I don't really know how to approach this. It was an ok'ish book, but it wasn't really a page turner.
 
Ryan (a woman!) has a stalker, her very good friend Jared is a state trooper and is "on the case". They've known each other since early childhood, but now that Jared is leaving "in two weeks" for another position, Ryan's wish is to sleep with him "just once".
 
The story is interesting as such and has a few interesting twists in it, but there were too many characters, not properly introduced and half way through the book I was lost. The romance between Ryan and Jared was the "conflict" in the story, but the constant change of minds and stubborn characters were -Imho- overdone to the point that I wasn't able to follow whether at that page they liked / disliked each other.

Although I admired the writing, I have to admit, quite often I had to re-read a passage to understand what was said.

I wouldn't mind to read more of the series, but I'm not sure whether I have the patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment