Pages

May I introduce: V.L. Locey "Pink Pucks & Power Plays"



Pink Pucks & Power Plays

by V.L. Locey


What can I say ... it's just great to have V.L. Locey as my guest today.
I've known V.L. now for over a year as part of the Tuesday Tales group of authors, who write a story each week to a prompt. "Pink Pucks & Power Plays" was one of those stories, and I loved it. It was a no-brainer to ask V.L. to be my guest today!



1 – My first question, and I’ve been wanting to ask for a long time, what’s the background to your blog-name thoughtsfromayodelinggoatherder? 

That`s a good question. From the time my daughter was around eight my family and I raised dairy goats. Sadly, we just recently sold our herd due of a number of reasons. A few weeks after our goats had new homes, I had to decide if I would change the name of my blog, which had been up and running for several years. I decided to simply use a new banner, but keep the Thoughts From A Yodeling Goatherder blog name, as it was well known to my readers, and reflected the love I will always have for the goats that we owned for so many years. 

 
2 – I’d say you’re one of the most versatile writer I’ve met so far. You write Greek mythology, Sports Romance or Gay Romance. Where do you get all your ideas from? How involved is the research?

My Muses drink Red Bull with black coffee chasers. It`s crazy scary at times. As with most authors I know, the ideas just appear. Take yesterday for example. I`m driving home from grocery shopping, sipping on a container of chocolate milk, when this image of a man with dark wings who loves chocolate milk as much or more than I do, appears before me. It was so strong that when I got home I sat down and wrote out a Word page of information about this fallen angel who obviously wishes to have his story told. Like I needed his voice in my head? There are already about a dozen characters vying for attention as it is!
As for the research, that varies. If I`m doing Greek mythos, I tend to spend much more time involved in double and triple checking my facts with what is known or considered the proper telling. Since every Greek poet tells his tale in a slightly different way, I tend to rely on Edith Hamilton for the bulk of my Greek research.
The hockey books also require some research, but since I`m a fan of the game, it`s not as detail-oriented as the Greek mythology research is. Most of the hockey research centers around certain aspects of the business side of professional sports, as well as the need to investigate defensive or offensive plays .
The gay romance is written no differently than my het romances are. Love is love. I suppose some writers might mind spending hours buried in dusty old tomes devoted to Greek gods the ultimate punishment, but not me! I can lose myself in research if it`s about something I enjoy. Hockey and the Greek pantheon fill that bill!

 
3 – Tell us a bit about your current project.

Right now I`m working on a M/M romantic-comedy I`m hoping to sub for an anthology call. It`s about two comic geeks (Yes, I am one of those as well. You should see my shrine to the Avengers atop my entertainment center) that end up falling in love then facing down an evil villain at a comic con. The working title is The Romantically Daring Adventures of Darren and Connor.

Blurb:

Viviana Land just can`t seem to say no to her younger sister. Somehow, the curvaceous society page reporter gets lassoed into serving as her niece`s Busy Bee scout leader. One overheated engine later, Viviana and her girls find themselves in the Green Hills Ice Rink. Enter Alain Lessard, the charmingly handsome defenseman for the Philadelphia Wildcats, who is donating his summer to coaching the youth league.
When our intrepid reporter is given the opportunity to write the break-out story of her career, Viviana leaps at the chance. Thinking it would be easy to flirt and tease some juicy tidbits out of Alain, Viviana soon finds herself falling for the sensual, younger, kind-hearted man. Will she put aside her virtual pen for a chance to stay at her new paramour`s side? Or will Viviana finally get away from those mundane bakery opening articles by using the man she may possibly be in love with?
 
 
Author:
V.L. Locey loves worn jeans, belly laughs, anything romantic, Greek mythology, New York Rangers hockey,  comic books and coffee. (Not necessarily in that order.) She shares her life with her husband, her daughter, one dog, two cats, a steer named after a famous N.H.L. goalie, and a flock of assorted domestic fowl.

V.L. is a self-published and conventionally published author. She is a proud Torquere Press and Secret Cravings Publishing author. When not writing romantic tales, she can be found enjoying her day with her menagerie in the rolling hills of Pennsylvania with a cup of fresh java in hand, writing, or cheering on her beloved New York Rangers. She can also be found online on Facebook, Twitter, and GoodReads.

 

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/VL-Locey/124405447678452?ref=hl

Goodreads:https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5807700.V_L_Locey

Twitter:https://twitter.com/vllocey

Blog:http://thoughtsfromayodelinggoatherder.blogspot.com/ 

 

Purchase Links:

Secret Cravings Publishing:http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=4&products_id=814

Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Pink-Pucks-Power-Plays-Locey-ebook/dp/B00I33V7G2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392553179&sr=8-2&keywords=V.L.+Locey

All Romance eBooks:https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-pinkpucksandpowerplays-1405701-149.html

B&N:http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pink-pucks-and-power-plays-vl-locey/1118329541?ean=2940148355793

 

 

Excerpt:

 “Tell me about your house growing up. Was it a small town?” I offered him another spoonful of ice cream. He smiled and accepted after losing the far-away look he had been wearing. Alain launched into a long explanation about his hometown and I, like the miserable snoop that I am, committed every name and anecdote to memory for later dictation to my tablet. After he talked at length and the float was consumed, I stood up and walked to the railing, stepping over sleeping dogs. I leaned my shoulder against the post.

“You seem distracted tonight,” Alain said, stepping up behind me to wrap me in his embrace. His chest was strong and solid against my back. My hands rested on his forearms.

“I should probably check my dress and go home. I have to be up early tomorrow for some insipid luncheon that the mayor`s wife is throwing.”

“I did not know you were friends with the mayor`s wife,” he said casually, his chin resting on top of my head. I went rigid in his arms.

“I don`t really know her,” I hurried to say, forcing myself to relax, “It`s just some luncheon where she plans to announce which charity she`ll work with for the upcoming year. My boss is hoping she`ll name the same charity our law office donates to.”

“Ah, that would be good. What is the charity you give to? Perhaps I donate to them as well.”

“Oh, well it`s a small local charity named for the town the mayor`s mother was born in,” I said, thankful only the fireflies could see my lying face. I turned in his arms. He smiled down at me, dropping his head to capture my mouth gently.

“What is the name of this town?” he asked between kisses that were growing longer and hotter.

“Petticoat Junction,” I whispered my fingers now in those dark curls of his.

“That sounds like a funny town. Stay the night, Viviana.” He held me as tight as he could, his lips moved gently over mine. “Stay with me here.”

I stayed.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me, Iris. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great. Love the excerpt. Lots of good wishes for mega sales for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jillian! And thanks for coming by. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you here Jillian :-)

    ReplyDelete