Pages

May I introduce: Linda Hamonou "Harajuku Kiss"

 

Harajuku Kiss
by Linda Hamonou

A big welcome to Linda, my guest this week. I met Linda though the "Snippet Sunday" Facebook group and enjoy reading her posts every week.
Her book is called "Harajuku Kiss", and she's hear to tell us a little bit more about it.
 
 
1 – What gave you the idea for Harajuku Kiss?
I was depressed and walking in Harajuku and I wanted to eat a crepe... Really, that's exactly what happened in the book, but then nobody kissed me. I like to take a particular moment of my life and explore what would happen if I change it slightly.

 
2 – Born in France, you lived in Ireland and are currently living in Japan. Would you consider yourself an international resident, or a French who loves the world?
I'm a lot more of an international resident. I don't feel so French even if I can have particularly French reactions to things sometimes. If you ask me where I come from I always say France, but Brittany. I feel a bit more Celt than French as a result.

3 – You’re part of the Snippet Sunday / Weekend Writing Warriors. Tell us a bit about the group.
I love that group. I was invited by Cindy, the one from the milk cartoon murder. I read a few books from people  in the group and they were always good. I need to read more. I have been feeding them the same story forever, but they seem to like it so much that I'm afraid to change. They are really friendly people, I would recommend this group to any writers, but if you do join, please comment on other people's snippets, especially if they comment on your work.

4 – Tell us about your current project.
I'm currently editing Rainbow Catcher. It's probably the messiest first draft I ever wrote. (Or maybe I'm getting better at seeing what's wrong with my work). It's the story of a boy, Jason, who travel in the desert on his powerful motorcycle to catch a purple rainbow for his sick little sister. If you like science fiction, technology and pirates and giant crabs, this book is for you. I'm also presenting it part by part on Thursday, but the story keeps on changing. I wanted to break my one year editing habit and to prepare this one in 6 months, but I think it won't happen.

 
Blurb:
At times, life can be so depressing. She is walking her usual recovery tour in Harajuku, finishing with a crepe, trying to forget that her boyfriend dumped her once again for the week-end... When the unthinkable happens... A boy stops in front of her and kisses her, in the middle of the street, before running away.

Trying to discover more about him, she is dragged into a dangerous game of mystery. A biologist has been murdered and a deadly virus is on the loose. First suspect: the mysterious Harajuku's stranger.

 

Author:
Born in November 1983 in Brittany, France, Linda Hamonou spent a lot of time lost in Agatha Christie and  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's novels. She entered university to study physics and obtained her PdH at Queen's University Belfast in 2009. Here studies allowed her to travel to Europe and America. She then moved to Japan and after three years doing research in Tokyo, she is currently doing a new postdoc in Sendai, Japan.
 

Facebook pages: https://www.facebook.com/Linda.Hamonou.Writing.Corner

  https://www.facebook.com/MesCrazyExperiences?fref=ts

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6984839.Linda_Hamonou



Purchase Links:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Harajuku-Kiss-Linda-Hamonou-ebook/dp/B00LEAVNOW
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/452126
itune: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/harajuku-kiss/id893771539?mt=11
Barnes&Nobels: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/harajuku-kiss-linda-hamonou/1119883275?ean=2940046039436

 

Excerpt:

 I was bent in two with my hands on my knees. I was probably looking harmless because he just stopped next to me. He didn’t look at me. So I took a chance to look up at him. He was wearing a heavy raincoat and his hood was coming up on the top of his cape, but there was no doubt who he was. I don’t know why or how but I grabbed his arm and hold really tight on his sleeves.

He tried to pull my hand away as I started to stand up straight again.

“You!” he exclaimed, surprised to see me again.

I was glad that he didn’t forget about me. But seeing the look on his face I was probably the last person he had been expecting to see and to talk with.

“Me”, I answered, smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment