Pages

May I introduce: S.Briones Lim "Palace Hills"



Palace Hills
by S. Briones Lim

 
 
Fellow Limitless Publishing Author S. Briones Lim is visiting today to talk about her latest book "Palace Hills".

1 - The blurb for "Palace Hill" sounds intriguing. How did you come up with the idea?
I actually came up with the story eight years ago when I was in my early twenties. It was inspired by different music, movies and other interests I had at that time (*cough* James Franco *cough* Channing Tatum *cough*). For some reason or another I had put off writing the story until early 2014. By the time I wrote it, certain plot points and characters had changed significantly from my original story. However, the premise remained the same :)

2 - You describe yourself "as a self-renowned bookworm". What kind of books would we find on your book shelf?
I'm a sucker for New Adult and Paranormal Romances. However, I do enjoy Dystopian novels as well as a little Sci-Fi here and there. Given my love for all things that go bump in the night, you'll certainly find some horror stories -- specifically, TRUE ghost stories!

3 - Tell us a bit about your current project.
I have a book in the works with my publisher (Limitless Publishing) which is a Contemporary Romance. I'm really excited about it and can't wait for its release. At the moment I am also writing a New Adult novel inspired by my husband. He's getting a kick out of it!


Blurb:
Palace Hills...The very name struck shivers down the spine of the affluent city of Goldendale.
Unfortunately, eighteen-year-old Nina Sharman has no choice but to call the poverty-stricken neighborhood her new home.
Life for Nina seems bleak until a chance meeting with Conner Hale changes her mind and captures her heart, leading her to believe that maybe Palace Hills wasn't so bad after all.
However, one tragic case of mistaken identity changes everything and leads to an event so horrifying that Nina believes she could never recover.
Choosing to leave Conner behind, Nina vows never to return to Palace Hills again...
Five years later, Nina has a new home, a new boyfriend and a new life. Yet, still broken by the ghosts of her past, Nina finds she must return to Palace Hills to put an end to a nightmare, which has haunted her for years.
Upon return, one slip in judgment threatens to bring the life she had worked so hard to build to come crashing down.

 
 Author:
Thanks to her Mom’s unwavering devotion to read a childhood bedtime story to her every single night, S. BRIONES LIM’s love for books began before she could even speak.

Raised in Southern California, Lim initially dreamt of becoming an artist. After a Psychology Degree (Summa cum Laude), a stint in Art School, and a career in Advertising/Media she is finally diving back into her first love – books. As a self-renowned bookworm, Lim’s love for reading has inspired her to pen her own novels and hopes her readers will fall in love with her stories as much as she enjoys writing them.

Her obsessions include time with family, Cherry Coke, popcorn with jalapeños, watching movies and her dogs, Tobi and Roscoe. She currently lives in Virginia with her husband. 

facebook.com/sbrioneslim

facebook.com/authorsbrioneslim

Twitter: @sbrioneslim

Instagram:  @sbrioneslim

Pinterest: @sbrioneslim

sbrioneslimauthor.wordpress.com 

 

Purchase Links:

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1q6W53G

Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/palace-hill

Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/1uEvNGm

 

Excerpt:

 The sharp bite of the cold car window did little to snap me out of my melancholic daze. I pressed my forehead against the glass, ignoring the stray strands of hair that matted against my skin. I gazed out the window and quickly became lost in the scenery around me. The rush of buildings soon turned to trees and subsequently to bland colored houses and power lines. It was like the beginning of a bad fairy tale, yet somehow I knew there would be no happily ever after to my story.

Too fast.

It was all happening too fast. Why couldn’t we just stop the car and slow everything down? Why couldn’t things go back to normal?

I shut my eyes as if to wish everything away. In just two weeks, my life as I knew it changed completely. There had to be a way to get it all back…but how?

My eyelids were shut so tightly, it began to induce a tiny headache. I didn’t care; I needed to pray, dream and wish all I could. Yet, I knew no matter how hard I prayed, dreamt, or wished, none of them would ever come true. I also knew that when I opened my eyes we’d be in our new home, Palace Hills.

Palace Hills.

I always scoffed at the name. The never ending streets of torn up houses and rusted chain link fences looked anything but a palace. I guess the city contractor had a sense of humor, and it was probably needed considering the pathetic state of the neighborhood. At least someone could find the humor in the situation. I know I found none.

No comments:

Post a Comment