Pages

Snippet Sunday - Little Beginnings 01/03/2015 #Reading #romance

 
 
~~~
LITTLE BEGINNINGS
 
Jeri lives in Hobart where she owns a gallery. Since her divorce, many years ago, she's finally ready to "be" with a man again. But finding the right one seems to be harder than she thought.
 
~~~
 
Jeri nearly melted into a puddle despite trying her best to be annoyed with Ely. But with him so close, his mouth nearly touching her face, her pulse went into overdrive.
Shaking her head, she grabbed her phone and dialled Olivia’s number.
“Sweetie, I need you to come over. I’ve got a burst pipe here with water everywhere.”
“Are you kiddin’?” Olivia replied.
Jeri rolled her eyes. “Kidding would be something along the line: your blind date showed up here this morning.”
There was a loud sigh at the other end of the line. “I know. I owe you big time for that.”
“Good. Get your behind into gear and come over. Bring you mum as well.”
“Do you have someone look at the pipe?”
Jeri fumbled with the mop. “Sweetie, honestly. I have half the gallery under water and you want to chit chat? Of course I have organised a plumber.”
She hung up, smiled, and got started with the mopping.
 
 
Thank you all for your support and kind comments.
 I do appreciate each single one of them!
And check out Snippet Sunday  Facebook site for other writers.
          
 
 
 
 
 
 

26 comments:

  1. Great snippet Iris...I always smile when I read your snippets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biggest compliment for a writer. Thanks Nicolette :-)

      Delete
  2. I love how she calls her Sweetie, somehow it sounds so condescending. I can ear the frustration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the frustration comes across. Thanks Linda !

      Delete
  3. Her frustration is coming through very clearly. Side note: Plumbers are worth their weight in gold, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jeri---she has such a distinctive voice. Her irritation when people question her competency is perfect. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She's so much fun to write, especially as she's based on a good friend :-)

      Delete
  5. Love this snippet. Shes so witty and sarcastic. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to write, so I'm glad these traits shine through. Thanks Cecilia!

      Delete
  6. Something tells me there's going to be a reckoning, even if it's mild. Great snippet, Iris. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that was a terrific conversation! Enjoying the story SO much, great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 。◕‿◕。 Thank you SO much Veronica. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  8. What a fun snippet! Looking forward to knowing more about her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bit frustrated, maybe. I don't blame her. Good snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great scene. I can feel her annoyance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. "She hung up, smiled, and got started with the mopping." I like this line, I see a self-confidence and a way of tackling and handling life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice. I suspect that the conversation in the soggy gallery is going to be... interesting.

    ReplyDelete