Pages

Snippet Sunday - FRESH BEGINNINGS 02/08/2015 #romance #amreading #Route66



~~~
FRESH BEGINNINGS
We continue with Fresh Beginnings, Jared's story as he travels through five states
 in the US in a Motorhome. I used our itinerary from our US travels two years ago
 and wrote a romance story around in.
Jared has just arrived in the US.
Enjoy!

~~~





Jared had a feeling she didn't want to, but her current situation didn't give her many choices. There they were in the middle of nowhere, with the next place a fair few miles away.

"Name's Jared," he said and then he opened the door and walked around the motorhome. Leaning against the vehicle, he looked at her. She was pretty. Thin, but pretty. When her brown eyes met his, he experienced another one of those heart tugs and wasn't impressed at all. He tried to look right past her. It wasn't happening though. They were like magnets.

"Jared," he repeated and held out his hand.

Her look went right past him into the distance, and he assumed she was fighting with herself, part of her wanting to get off the road, the other part being worried.

"Anybody else travelling with you?" she asked quietly.

He shook his head. "Nope."

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and, after a brief moment, reached for his hand. "Nice meeting you."

 
 

Buy Links: Amazon Australia: http://bit.ly/1y0N4bo
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1s7xTiq
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/1pBrpEY
Barnes & Noble:  http://bit.ly/1nqaT6t





Thanks for all your comments,
I do appreciate each single one of them!
And check out Snippet Sunday  Facebook site for other writers.

 



22 comments:

  1. Sounds like they're both reluctant to take on a companion. Good snippet, Iris. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and, after a brief moment, reached for his hand. "Nice meeting you."
    Important moment for her.
    Great writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge compliment coming from you, thanks Frank!

      Delete
  3. She's a brave soul. I don't know if I could ever hitchhike. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jennifer. Not sure whether I could do it, not even with the likelihood of meeting a "Jared" :-)

      Delete
  4. I love that they are both reluctant, but for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely taking a chance but desperation makes us take risks. Very intriguing dialogue. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they're both taking a chance on each other, but I'm hoping things will turn out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm enjoying the story, was puzzled by the part where he experienced a heart tug and "wasn't impressed"? That seemed like an odd choice of phrase to me. If something or someone appeals to me enough to tug at my heart, I'm impressed. I do get that they're each very wary in the situation! Can't wait for more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica ... I have to make a note of that. He wasn't impressed with the "tug" because he's simply not interested in 'meeting' a woman. He just wants to enjoy his holiday.
      I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  8. This sounds a bit dangerous. I hope he is a nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course he is !!! ... LOL ... Thanks Linda.

      Delete
  9. Oh boy. I felt her take that breath with her leap of faith. Great writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for the kind words, Gem. Really appreciated.

      Delete
  10. Hmmm. I think they've both got some baggage with them. Nice snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like magnets to each other but both so hesitant for different reasons. Love the snippet!

    So sorry I'm so late in commenting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate your effort to stop by even if "late" ...

      Delete