Pages

Tuesday Tales - EVIL - Where #Authors #Write to a #prompt ~ #romance #love




Welcome to Tuesday ... Welcome to Tuesday Tales ...

I continue with  Rachel's story. I introduced her in "I think I love you", the third book in the "Australian Sports Stars Series". She's Sarah's sister.
When Rachel opens the door and finds the police standing in front of her door, she's scared of a repeat of the day she was dragged to the police station. Yet, the two officers only want information and ask her to stop by later that day. Worried, she calls Oliver, a good friend, but instead gets Matiu Afoa on the phone. Matiu is Oliver's Kiwi friend staying with him for a week. He's in Melbourne for a meeting.

Today's prompt is: EVIL. 

Enjoy - and feel free to leave a comment. And don't forget to click the link below to go back to the main Tuesday Tale site for more stories by very talented authors.



Twenty minutes later, they sat in a small, barren room opposite Senior Constable Jones and Sergeant Harris. The officers introduced themselves to Oliver.
“Good meeting you,” Oliver said. “I’m Oliver Dempsey and a good friend of Rachel’s.”
Harris nodded as he leaned forward, placing his elbows onto the table. “I’d like to clarify again this is purely a conversation to collect information. Miss Winter is free to reply to answers at her will. Nothing will be recorded.”
Oliver looked at Rachel giving her an almost imperceptible nod.
“Okay,” she replied to Harris.
“You knew Thomas Terrill as Frank,” Jones asked as she slid a photo across the table towards Rachel.
She nodded.
“You were in a relationship at the time?”
“A brief encounter is what I’d call it.”
Harris gave a slow nod, then asked, “When did you see him last?”
“About a year ago.”
“Why did you stop the contact?”
“The evil bastard beat me to unconsciousness.”
Although both Harris and Jones kept their expressions as straight as possible, Rachel was sure she saw something like surprise and sympathy on Jones’ face.
“After that?”
She shook her head.
“We have a file note regarding an incident a few weeks later.”
Oliver placed a hand on her shoulder, calming her with a slight rhythmic back and forward move. Rachel let out a long breath.
“Not one of the police’s finest moments,” she said, trying hard to convey some humour when she didn’t feel any.
Harris met her gaze, but remained silent.
Closing her eyes, she said, “If it’s all in a file, I suppose it’s not necessary for me to retell the details, is it?”
“Any contact with Thomas after that incident.”
She shook her head. “Thankfully no.”
“Ever talked to anybody about him?”
Her eyes shot open and with a shrug she replied, “Possibly my sister, but I doubt it. He’s not worth wasting even a second of my life. Hard to believe I’m here because of him.”
“To your knowledge, would your sister have talked to anybody about him?”
“I’d say no for the very same reason.”
Harris nodded. “Miss Winter. How good is your knowledge with cars?”
“Next to nothing,” she replied with a frown.
“Would you know where to find the break cable?”
She shrugged. “I had no idea there was a cable. Isn’t it just the foot paddle?”


Click her to read more Tuesday Tales


~~
  
Out now - and free for KU subscribers


12 comments:

  1. Oh my, I feel SO badly for that poor girl. I sure hope things get settled for her soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki. But life's getting better ... soon ;-)

      Delete
  2. Poor thing, life hadn't been kind, but come on--everybody knows there's a cable from the peddle--we just don't know where it is or what it looks like. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne ... not sure about the peddle though ;-)

      Delete
  3. Thomas sounds like a real peach. Feel bad for her. Hope she gets some peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I say, thank god he's no more ;-) Thanks Mary.

      Delete
  4. nicely done. I love the way you worked the prompt in. I hate that she got beaten but love the snippet this week. Learning more about the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh oh, seems like the police are setting a trap for this poor young woman. And she's already been through enough with that guy. Anxious to see where this is going. The guy had something coming, but I'm wondering who gave it to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The police is all on her side this time! Thanks Jean.

      Delete
  6. Looks like they are looking for more than just a conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope ... jsut a conversation. We'll find out more soon. Thanks Joselyn.

      Delete